content that should be hidden by default can be opened by clicken on the image link below
EASY EGGS, SAUSAGE, AND HASH BROWNS SKILLET
Looking to make an easy, minimalistic meal which doesn't happen to break the bank. This recipe is best described as a hearty, comfort food, which can be served as breakfast, brunch (breakfast at lunch) or brinner (breakfast at dinner). It is perfect for busy winter nights, when you want to get something warm and satisfying on the table in a hurry.
Serves between 4 to 6 people
Requires 10 minutes of preparation
And has a cook time of approximately 30-40 minutes
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil approx
- 2 cups (1 large) sweet Vidalia or yellow onion
- 500g fridged or thawed (from frozen) hash browns
- 450g or 8-10 sausages
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup (420g) bell peppers, seeded and diced small
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander or parsley leaves, finely minced (stems discarded)
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, or to taste
- [OPTIONAL 1lbs Chicken Breast Cubes - Marinated, tikka and tandoori blend well]
- Set the hash browns and sausages to bake on medium heat or start to cook them in a pan with a little oil until half to almost done.
- In a separate pan, set the chicken to cook with a little bit of oil on low heat.
- In a pan or a skillet, add oil and onions and cook for about 8 minutes over medium-high heat, or until onions are lightly golden browned.
- In the pan (containing the onions), add the hash browns, and a bit more olive oil if necessary, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until hash browns are cooked through and lightly golden browned.
- Cut the sausages in 1/2 inch slices and add to the pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until medium-brown.
- Add the chicken and allow to cook for a few minutes or until it has fully cooked through.
- Turn the heat to low, add the eggs evenly spaced around the skillet, and cook covered for about 5 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are as set as desired. NOTE: that the eggs will continue to cook and firm up off the heat so if you like runny yolks, cook for a shorter amount of time.
- Garnish with peppers, coriander, salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately. Dish is best warm and fresh.
NOTE: The eggs can also be boiled and added.